Idealease revolutionizes fleet operations with ELEVATE®, our proprietary Driver Performance System that improves driver safety and saves fleets millions of dollars in annual operating costs.
Sign up for the ELEVATE® Question/Tip of the Week and receive short, actionable, and easy-to-use information to help your drivers operate their vehicles more safely while reducing fuel consumption, idle time, wear and tear on equipment, maintenance costs, vehicle downtime, and more.
If you have a question or a topic you would like covered in a future ELEVATE Question/Tip of the Week, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find a complete list of ELEVATE topics below.
My driver complains that idle is counting against him at traffic lights, in traffic, etc. How should I respond?
We often hear this same response. While it does count against them, there are levels of opportunities before even refining in-traffic idle. Below are 3 areas to work on before acting upon traffic idle.
- Does the unit have PTO hours that have accumulated?
- If the unit does not have a PTO function, someone is manipulating the cruise pad to keep the vehicle running.
- Does the unit show IST (Idle Shutdown Timer) alerts on the ELEVATE Scorecard?
- This would indicate the driver did not turn the truck off at the key. The truck shut itself off after the IST timed out (typically 5 minutes).
- Does the driver have high idle, but neither of the above?
- This may suggest an IST is not set for this unit.
We can provide you idle behavior reports to help with your coaching. We focus on eliminating PTO, IST, and 12+ minute events happening at your location(s) and customer location(s). This is where the main idle reduction success stories occur.