- Overall responsibility for day-to-day management of the Rental Department.
- Achieve rental revenue, expense control and profitability objectives.
- Sales and marketing of Idealease Rental Department.
- Rental fleet equipment management.
- Assist the management team in preparing an Annual Business Plan.
- Assist in developing and implementing a rental sales and marketing plan.
- Develop and use a systematic approach to rental sales calls utilizing telemarketing, mailers and personal customer visits.
- Develop and maintain relationships with large volume rental customers.
- Provide weekly and monthly sales reports to management as required.
- Establish Idealease rates for various equipment types through market analysis.
- Maintain a customer/ prospect sales database.
- Develop and maintain policies and procedures for Rental Operations, to include: check-in/ check-out of equipment, vehicle files, customer files and daily yard checks.
- Daily interactions with the Service department to ensure rental equipment is maintained according to company standards and DOT regulations.
- Develop and maintain a system for daily yard checks and reporting of rental utilization to management.
- Develop and maintain a system for customer insurance files, verifying customer coverage is documented and on file.
- Follow company procedures regarding credit policies.
- Develop and maintain a rental billing routine to ensure accurate and timely billing of rental charges to customers.
- Maintain a current and accurate customer turndown log.
Department and Personnel Management
- Utilize daily yard check to focus marketing efforts on excess and under-utilized equipment.
- Compare actual financial results monthly to the Business Plan and initiate corrective action as needed to ensure gross margin goals are accomplished.
- Hire, train and manage the rental sales and counter personnel.
- Create a professional environment to assure cleanliness, safety and customer focus.
- Communicate and cooperate with all department managers and personnel.
- Assist in collection of past due invoices as needed.
- Safeguard company assets by maintaining strong internal controls.
- Understand company policies and procedures and assure that they are understood and followed by all personnel.
Leadership, Personal Development and Conduct
- Communicate and cooperate with all departments.
- Attend company meetings as required.
- Handle all employee and customer issues in a professional and courteous manner.
- Any other duties assigned by the Idealease General Manager.
- Display an earnest desire to perform assigned tasks efficiently and accurately.
- Eagerly participate in company sponsored training events.
- Complete assigned tasks within allotted time frame.
- Display an aptitude to learn and advance.
- Interact with customers professionally and courteously at all times.
- Promote an atmosphere of cooperation, teamwork and goodwill with fellow employees.
- Display honesty in all company related dealings.
Idealease Rental Manager KPM 's
- 50 telemarketing calls per week
- 10 in person visits per week
- 10 designated R2R per month
- 87% average utilization per month
- 25% monthly Gross Margin
- 50% of monthly revenue generated by pure commercial rental customers
NOTE: This is not necessarily an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with this position. While this list is intended to be an accurate reflection of the current position, the company reserves the right to revise the functions and duties of the job to require that additional or different tasks be performed or further education required with circumstance changes (such as: growth, work load, changes in personnel, technological developments, etc.)