One way we demonstrate our Core Value of Stability is by regularly giving back to the communities where we do business. Idealease CARES helps to shine a light on the collective community service, charitable causes and the contributions of Idealease locations across North America. Idealease CARES sets us apart from our competitors because we are integral parts of the communities where we live and work. Let’s shine our light on some great work done recently by the fine folks at Peterson Idealease in California.
Thanksgiving week Peterson employees ran a raffle program in partnership with a local food bank and a community church under the “Peterson in the Community” banner. To encourage employee cash donations, Peterson employees purchased raffle prizes including a $100 Visa gift card, dinner at local restaurant, a Starbucks gift card, and a cinema package. Then the raffle tickets were sold to employees for $10 a piece with a net of $4,478 which was used to purchase 273 turkeys and 265 pumpkin pies for families in need. Peterson has been running their Thanksgiving program for more than five years and participation grows every year. Employees shop for the turkeys and pies and deliver it to a local church where a few employees help with distribution to families who need food support.
And that’s not all. This year Peterson is hosting 10 holiday employee parties territory-wide. Each employee is encouraged to donate a new unwrapped toy for the Marine Corps Toys for Tots program. Peterson hopes to collect more than 500 toys from their events. The dealership also partnered with the Red Cross to raise $2,515 which helped purchased clean-up kits, blankets and basic necessities for the recent fire victims in Lake County. This contribution was matched by Duane Doyle, Peterson’s CEO.
In 2014, Peterson in the Community supported:
- DUBLIN HERITAGE GARDENS – volunteer efforts in constructing 3 raised planting beds
- SAN LEANDRO TRACK AND FIELD FESTIVAL – monetary donation
- EAST BAY SPCA GROWL, MEOW FUNDRAISING EVENT – monetary donation
- AMERICAN RED CROSS BLOOD DRIVE – 35 pints of blood donated which saved 105 lives
- NOVATO FIRE FOUNDATION – monetary donation
- GREENHILL BARK IN THE PARK (equipment donation) – Oregon
- STEPPING STONES GROWTH CENTER – volunteer efforts with their playground project
- DELANCY STREET FOUNDATION – monetary donation
- SAN LEANDRO EDUCATION FOUNDATION (equipment donation) – Cresco
- OREGON FOOD BANK’S COMMUNITY FARM PROJECT (equipment donation) – Cat Rental Store
- OREGON JUNIOR LIVESTOCK EXPO – monetary donation
- CAMP HOPE OF SW WASHINGTON – monetary donation
- WASHINGTON COUNTY 4-H WAGON TRAIN SCHOLARSHIP FUND – monetary donation
- SUSAN G. KOMEN RACE FOR THE CURE – volunteer event at both the San Leandro & Portland locations
- ENTERPRISE COMMERCIAL TRUCKS UNITED WAY FUND – monetary donation
- ALAMEDA COUNTY FOOD BANK DRIVE – 765 lbs of food donated by Peterson folks
- CREEKSIDE COMMUNITY CHURCH – San Leandro High School Homeless Student Project – monetary donation
- THANKSGIVING TURKEY DONATIONS – 200 turkeys/135 pies donated to needy families from Peterson folks
- HOLIDAY TOY DRIVE – 250 toys collected benefitting Building Futures with Women & Children and the Davis Resource Center
Throughout the year, we will recognize Idealease locations and their employees for their community service and support of charitable causes by publicizing that involvement in social, electronic and print media. In addition, Idealease might send a video production crew to film community support events that we expect to have large impact and wide public appeal. These videos will be used at our 2016 Annual Meeting to highlight our collective efforts.